From Hull’s concrete floors to the Olympics with the former Team GB Volleyball Captain and London 2012 Olympian.
*This episode was originally recorded in February 2018*.
In this episode we discuss:
- Ben’s journey from discovering volleyball as a schoolboy, to playing at a Home Olympic Games in front of 15,000 fans and sharing a bubble bath with Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs in the process!
- Failing into volleyball and it’s importance in his progression
- Hearing your getting dropped…from your mum!
- The standards required to get to Olympic level
- Why time management is a critical skill for young athletes
- Building the habit of overcoming barriers
- Making choices not sacrifices