Clive Brewer is the Performance Director for the Center for Coaching Excellence / Assistant Professor of Sports Science at ETSU. He consults internationally, supporting Olympic Athletes such as Galen Rupp in his preparation for 2021 Olympics. Clive also leads on coach development education programs internationally – for example, the restructure of the UKSCA coach development pathway and is also an Adjunct Professor for the School of Coaching & Sports Science at West Virginia University.
Clive was the Performance Director for Columbus Crew in 2020, and prior to this was the Assistant Director of High Performance for the Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball Team. Clive has consulted with organizations such as Manchester United FC, USA Football, Wimbledon tennis championships, WTA, Scotland National Rugby League, Liverpool Ladies, the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), SportsMed Global, Cirque du Soleil and IMG Academy. In August 2015, he was awarded the fellowship of the UKSCA in recognition of his contribution to the industry. His latest book “Developing athletic movement skills” was published by Human Kinetics in 2017. A regular speaker at International conferences, Clive has published 2 other books, 8 book chapters and more than 15 papers on training methods, coaching & performance in peer-reviewed journals.
- The rise of opportunities away from the professional clubs and institutes of sport.
- Why the youth setting is a great place to learn the skills required for coaching.
- How coaches are starting to recognise the youth setting as an legitimate career.
- The simplest advice to becoming a better coach.
- The valuable lessons he took from coaching primary school children. His varied roles and what motivates him in accepting a new opportunity.
You can follow Clive on Twitter via: @Clivesportsandc and on LinkedIn.
To learn more about the LTAD Network check out www.ltadnetwork.com or follow on Instagram: @ltadnetwork or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ltadnetwork .
You can keep up to date with Athletic Evolution via our www.athleticevolution.co.uk , Instagram: @athleticevouk and Twitter: @athleticevouk