Dan Baker has PhD in sports science from Edith Cowan University. He was the Brisbane Broncos NRL Strength and Conditioning for 19 years and has coached elite, international and national league athletes in rugby union (QLD Reds, Wallabies), diving (AIS/Olympic), netball (National League), soccer (National League), power lifting, MMA and athletics. Dan is an Accredited ASCA Level 3 S&C Coach and Accredited Master Coach , the highest level, within the ASCA Professional Coach Accreditation Scheme. His area of specialty is the periodisation of strength and power training methods, using velocity measures in resistance training, Maximal Aerobic Speed (MAS) training and Long-Term Athlete Development.
- Programming strength training for different ages and stages from youth to Pro.
- Why it’s stupid to load an athlete who moves poorly.
- Why chasing loading early could be considered “lazy” coaching.
- How to determine if a young athlete is ready for barbell training.
- His research on Strength/Power as a differentiator in levels of performance.
- Strategies for creating an effective training environment.
You can keep up to date with Dan via the Instagram account: @danbakerstrength_ and via his website www.danbakerstrength.com .
To learn more about the LTAD Network check out www.ltadnetwork.com or follow on Instagram: @ltadnetwork or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ltadnetwork .
You can keep up to date with Athletic Evolution via our www.athleticevolution.co.uk , Instagram: @athleticevouk and Twitter: @athleticevouk .