Dr John Radnor is a Lecturer and researcher in Strength and Conditioning at Cardiff Metropolitan University. His research interests surround youth S&C, and he has recently completed his PhD in Paediatric Exercise Science. John has previously worked with Welsh Rowing and the GB Start Programme, as well as previously being an academy S&C coach at Exeter Chiefs and Exeter City. Taking a step back from coaching at the moment, one of John’s main roles at the University is as the work-based learning lead for the SCRAM UG programme, developing links with NGB’s, pro teams, and local clubs for placement students. Within this role, John looks to develop research links ensuring that research is helping to answer “performance problems” for the clubs.
- His difficult decision to leave Exeter Chiefs Academy to take up a PhD position.
- Why all coaches should Educate, Enthuse and Enhance.
- How his research his helping understand whether performance improvements are down to Maturation or Training.
- Some of the main findings of his PhD research.
- What this means for coaches in evaluating their programs.
You can keep up to date with John via his Research Gate profile, or via Twitter: @John_Radnor .
Keep up to date with Athletic Evolution via our Website, Twitter and Instagram.