Erica Suter is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and has a Masters in Exercise Science and Sport Performance Enhancement. As an athlete, she pcaptained the soccer team at Johns Hopkins University and was a 2x Academic All American, 2 x Scholar All American and National Player of the Year. She holds the record of being the 2nd highest goal scorer for John Hopkins University and was selected in the John Hopkins 25th Anniversary All star team. In this episode,
- Why she is glad she didn’t play/train seriously until age 13.
- Her experience coaching and playing in Brazil.
- The important influence a quiet and calm coach had on her as an athlete.
- The importance of building healthy habits in young athletes.
- Repetition without repetition. Building resilience for life not just sport.
- The changing perception of female athletes.
You can keep up to date with Erica via Instagram: @fitsoccerqueen and her website www.ericasuter.com .
To learn more about the LTAD Network check out www.ltadnetwork.com or follow on Instagram: @ltadnetwork or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ltadnetwork .
You can keep up to date with Athletic Evolution via our www.athleticevolution.co.uk , Instagram: @athleticevouk and Twitter: @athleticevouk .