Grant Jenkins is the Director of Propel Perform, as well as a Strength & Conditioning Coach & an Accredited Exercise Physiologist. Grant specialises in coaching developmental athletes with a long list of demonstrated success:
- 2 Athletes selected as Queensland State Junior Sports Stars of the Year;
- a Wimbledon Junior Champion;
- State Powerlifting Champion;
- age-group BMX World Champions;
- age-group Triathlon World Champion;
- over 20 National Tennis Champions.
In 2017 he received the distinguished recognition of being awarded ‘Master Coach’ by the Australian Strength & Conditioning Association – the highest level of qualification in Australia. Additionally he holds:
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) with Sport Science & Rehabilitation.
- Level 3 Strength & Conditioning Coach (Australian Strength & Conditioning Association).
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist (Exercise & Sport Science Association)
- State Level Sports Power Coach (Australian Weightlifting Federation)..
You can often hear him on the Australian ABC Radio giving his insight to the world of high performance and health. He has appeared on ESPN’s series ‘Search for Hurt’ , as well as contributed interviews in Men’s Health magazine.
- The influence his father had in driving his entrepreneurship.
- The various “lucky” breaks he had in his developing career.
- The red ocean vs blue ocean strategy applied in S&C.
- Some of the opportunities S&C Coaches are overlooking when they set sights on the “pros”.
- How he teaches his interns to “get lucky” in their interactions and careers.
- The skills required to set up a successful coaching business.
- The disconnect between LTAD theory and real world application.
You can sign up to Grant’s newsletter here: www.grantjenkins.info . You can learn more about Propel Perform here: www.propelperform.com .
To learn more about the LTAD Network check out www.ltadnetwork.com or follow on Instagram: @ltadnetwork or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ltadnetwork .
You can keep up to date with Athletic Evolution via our www.athleticevolution.co.uk , Instagram: @athleticevouk and Twitter: @athleticevouk