Marina Carrier is as 24 Year Pentathlete, who qualified for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games with the Australian Olympic Team. She has been involved in Pentathlon since the age of 12. At the senior level, her highest world ranking was #39, whilst her she finished her U18 Youth career at #7 in the World. She has had several international podium finishes, including beating the World #2. She has also previously been the Australian National Champion in 2017 & 2018.
In this podcast Marina discusses:
- How she was introduced to Modern Pentathlon.
- The 5 disciplines involved in the sport.
- What her 7 day training schedule looks like.
- Managing relationships with 5 different coaches.
- Injury issues and Learning to listen to your body as an athlete.
- Going from crutches to Olympic Qualification in just 4 weeks.
- Her personal reaction to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics being postponed due to the Corona Virus.
- How “something always goes wrong” in modern pentathlon and how this has trained her to adapt to unforeseen events.
- Why longevity, dropout and fostering a love of sport should be the major concerns for coaches of young athletes.