Tom Coughlin is currently the Lead Nutritionist for the Male Pathway within Scottish Rugby, working from the U16’s National Age Grade Squads, right up to the Senior National Team players.
In this podcast, Tom discusses:
- Why he uses and athlete-led approach in his practice.
- The fundamental nutrition habits youth athlete should be focussing on.
- Why a meal plan isn’t the answer.
- Why youth athletes should avoid supplements and focus on improving their diet instead.
- Recommendations for nutrition during the Coronavirus.
- Some of the opportunities Coronavirus presents to work on off field skills.
To keep up to date with Tom’s work you can find him on Twitter @TECNutrition .