Marina Carrier is a Tokyo 2020 Olympian who represented Australia in the Modern Pentathlon. She has been involved in Pentathlon since the age of 12. At the senior level, her highest world ranking was #39, whilst her she finished her U18 Youth career at #7 in the World. She has had several international podium finishes, including beating the World #2. She has also previously been the Australian National Champion in 2017 & 2018.
- The impact Covid lockdowns had on her training and preparation for the Olympic Games.
- How she had to adapt her training environments and scheduling to achieve a “Best Possible” performance.
- How she could barely walk just 8 weeks prior to competing.
- The additional requirements of travel, testing, processing, quarantines and strict departures required for the athletes in order to compete.
- Why she decided to listen to her body and change her practice schedule just days before competing.
- How the joy of sport can be lost at the elite level and the importance of preserving it.
- Why her primary aim was to be present in the moment and to enjoy her Olympic Games experience.
You can listen to the episode in full here. You can read more about Marina on the Australian Olympic Team Website .
To learn more about the LTAD Network check out www.ltadnetwork.com or follow on Instagram: @ltadnetwork or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ltadnetwork . Keep up to date with Athletic Evolution via our Website, Twitter and Instagram. You can leave us feedback or submit a question for future episodes here.