Jan Willem Teunissen has B. in PE and a MSc. in talent development & exercise physiology from VU University Amsterdam. In the past he worked for elite soccer club Ajax Amsterdam and implemented an all-round development program and maturity related individual training program within the youth academy. Furthermore, Jan Willem was head of the performance staff at elite soccer club FC Twente. Currently he is working at two educational institutes; HAN-University and Ghent University.
- His own experience of burnout in Tennis and injury in the Marines.
- His experiences at Ajax and FC Twente.
- The tension between theoretical models and real world application.
- His research on the unique profiles of different sports.
- Applying alternative exercises to the profile of football.
- How mastering a variety of skills leads to greater opportunities in competition.
- Similarities and differences between different sports.
- The implications for talent development and talent transfer.
As always you can keep up to date with Athletic Evolution via our website, Instagram and Twitter.